Looking to level-up to apartment buildings? In this course – The 10-Step Blueprint to Buying Your First Building – you will learn all of the foundational steps to help you buy your first building with confidence.
$797 + tax
OVER 15+ HOURS OF LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
We will be teaching this course live online on June 12 and 13, 2021.
$797 + tax
We know how difficult it is to make the move to the next level in your real estate investing business. For many of you, that is buying an apartment building. Like any other business, there is a step-by-step formula that anyone can follow in order to minimize the risks associated with buying apartment buildings and ensuring you acquire an asset that helps you achieve your objectives.
In this course, you will learn:
- The steps you can take right away to move closer to becoming an apartment building owner
- Why apartment buildings are the best way to grow generational wealth
- The importance of setting clear goals
- Who should be on your power team and how to find them
- How to select markets that will meet your objectives
- How to find apartment building deals
- How to analyze deals properly
- What to look for during on-site visits
- How to structure financing to get the deal done and improve your ROI
- What your offers should look like and what they should include
- Due diligence process requirements
- When to remove conditions and go firm
- What to do as soon as you own the building
$797 + tax
Past Session Testimonials
$797 + tax
This course will cover the following topics in detail:
1. Establishing Your “Why” and Setting Your Objectives
This is often an overlooked step in the acquisition of apartment buildings (or any big, life-changing decision for that matter). Through the use of simple, but powerful frameworks, we will help you clearly identify your reason for investing in apartment buildings and help you outline a set of SMART objectives. Already have this outlined? Perfect. We’ll make sure that they are aligned with the outcomes of apartment building investing. In this module, we will introduce you to the A.I.M. (Apartment Investor Mindset) Framework.
2. Build Your Power Team
Leveraging the Power Circle framework, we will identify who you need on your team to take you from good to great. In this module, instructors will outline specific action steps you will need to take and what you need to say in order to attract the best team of professionals for your real estate business. Please note that if you have a power team supporting you in single-family real estate investing, it is likely that you will need to build a team of experts that focus on commercial residential real estate for best results. We will also discuss the benefits of joint-venture partnerships and some models for structuring these relationships.
3. Select Your Market
The selection of which market best suits your investment objectives is a critical decision. While proximity to where you live may be one criterion, there are a number of other strategically important elements you will need to consider before you make a move. Learn the difference between macro and micro markets and how to determine which are best for you. This module will examine all the critical criteria you should consider using an easy-to-use market selection scorecard that you will be able to leverage for as long as you are investing in buildings.
4. Sourcing Your Deals
Once you have laid the foundation for your strategy, you will need to be able to efficiently gain access to deals in your market. Unlike single family homes, the MLS is not the primary source. Learn where to find deals and who to build relationships with in order to keep the deal flow going. We will show you exactly what you will need to do and what to say in order to get what you need. We will also cover a few tactics to help you start sourcing deals directly from sellers.
5. Deal Analysis and Underwriting
Learn how to properly analyze an apartment building deal. There are two important aspects that you will learn:
1) How to analyze in the eyes of a lender; and
2) How to analyze as an operator.
Both are important perspectives, and both are required in order to ensure you are making profitable investment decisions. We will take you step-by-step through the analysis of a deal and provide you with the deal analyzer that we use when underwriting our own deals.
6. On-site Walk-Through
Once you are comfortable with the potential financial performance of the building, you will need to walk through to check your assumptions and assess the building’s physical condition. Using our standardized walk-through checklist, we will teach you what you need to look for prior to bringing in inspectors and other professionals.
7. Financing Strategy
Financing strategy and deal underwriting go hand-in-hand. It’s so important to the acquisition process that we need to dedicate an entire module to it. In this module, you will learn about:
- What you need as a mortgage guarantor
- How to properly analyze a deal
- How lenders analyze a deal
- Creative financing strategies to optimize your ROI
- How CMHC-insured financing works
- How to analyze deals with CMHC-insured financing
8. Offer Submission
Once you have determined what you can pay to satisfy your own objectives and investing model, you or your agent will need to prepare an offer for the seller. This module will cover the basic of preparing an offer and what should/should not be included to improve your chances of getting the deal. We will also cover strategies to help position your offer in your favour.
9. Due Diligence
With an accepted offer in hand, your role as an investor is to conduct a thorough review of all aspects of the building’s physical, financial, and legal aspects. Using your due diligence checklist, we will go through all the areas of investigation you will need to go through and which professionals to leverage to ensure you are buying a building with few surprises.
10. Going Firm and Deal Closing
After a thorough due diligence process, you are ready to remove all conditions of the deal and go firm. We will review what should be in place before removing all conditions of the deal. What you can expect at closing (when you take ownership) and what steps you must take to start managing your apartment building for success!
$797 + tax
This course will give you the confidence, skills, and tools required to help you acquire your first apartment building.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Buy your first apartment building with confidence
- Analyze apartment deals as a commercial real estate investor
- Find “off-market” deals
- Determine which markets are best suited for your objectives
- Better understand how to quickly filter through deals that meet your investment objectives
- Determine which financing options are the best suited for your project
- Determine who should be on your power team and how to attract them to you
- Conduct due diligence checks with confidence
- Position yourself as a serious investor when attracting joint-venture partners
$797 + tax
What You Will Get
As a participant you will get the following:
- 15+ hours of LIVE online training
- Deal analyzer we use to analyze our own deals
- Due diligence checklist
- Tenant screening checklist
- Clarifying your ‘Why’ and ‘Goal Setting’ worksheets
- Market selection scorecard
- All PowerPoint slides used throughout course
- Lifetime access to video replay
*Over $3000 in value.
$797 + tax
The course will be taught by Mark Baltazar and Mike Rockall, co-founders of Peak Multifamily Investments. Some of their achievements include:
- Hosts of The Canadian Multifamily Investing Podcast
- Top Player Award (REIN)
- Over $60 million in real estate transactions
- $20 million in real estate holdings
- Actively acquiring apartment buildings in the current market
With 18 years of experience in business strategy and corporate consulting on the global stage, Mark brings a wealth of business management and operational expertise to real estate investing. Winner of the Real Estate Investment Network’s Top Player Award in 2017, Mark continues to build strong momentum in growing his real estate portfolio.
His strong analytical background enables him to bring a strategic rigour to portfolio expansion and the assessment of investment opportunities.
With 5 years of real estate investing experience across various strategies, Mark oversees Peak’s capital raising, client acquisition, partner relations, educational content development while ensuring the company delivers on its promise of helping others build generational wealth through apartment building investing.
Mike is not only a Realtor but a full time investor who has been in the real estate business for over 10 years.
His hard work, charisma, and true passion for the business has helped shape Michael’s reputation as a qualified Realtor and investor.
Michael specializes in investment real estate mainly multi family income properties. He personally holds a portfolio of multi-family apartment buildings in Hamilton and surrounding areas. His knowledge of the city’s geography can assist with all real estate endeavours.
His business is built on: dedication, communication, determination and trust while embodying the ability to cater and adapt to all his clients real estate needs.
$797 + tax